WHEN IN RHODES ...
Some useful information regarding the conference and getting around in Rhodes
* University of the Aegean Detail *Q. What is the exact address of the entrance closest to the main conference building (with the theatre) for delegates to give taxi drivers?
University of the Aegean
1 Demokratias Avenue
Q. What do the locals call the ‘University of the Aegean’?
* GETTING TO AND FROM THE AIRPORT *- Taxi
A taxi from the airport to the center of Rhodes costs around 14 Euros. It is the best transport option available. (Please check with driver re any airport or other additional charges.)
- Bus Service
There is an infrequent local bus service to the centre of Rhodes but the bus stop is not located in front of the main Airport arrivals area. It is some 200 meters from the airport building.
* GETTING TO AND FROM THE CONFERENCE HOTELS *- Venue Transportation options
Bus line No. 3 connects the main hotel area in Rhodes with the University every 45 minutes.
- Driving to the Venue
Free parking is available at the conference venue.
* THE CONFERENCE HOTELS *The contact details for the various conference hotels are as follows:
* Hotel Lavita
Address: 28 Georgiou Papanikolaou Street, 85100
Phone: +30 22410 24911
Address: 1 Akti Miaouli Street, 85100
Phone: +30 22410 54700
* Petit Palais Hotel (also can be known locally as ‘Chevaliers Palace’)
Address: 3 Stratigou Griva, 85100 Rhodes
Phone: +30 22410 22781
* Rodos Palace Hotel
Address: Trianton Avenue, Rhodes
Phone: +30 22410 25222
* Hotel Mediterranean
Address: 35-37, Kos Street, 85100 Rhodes
Phone: +30 22410 24661
* Hilton Rhodes Resort
Address: Hilton Rhodos Resort Hotel, Ixia, Rhodes
Phone: +30 22410 75000
* Agla Hotel Rhodes
Address: 35 Apollonos Amerikis, Rhodes
Phone: +30 22410 22061
* Esperia Hotel
Address: 7 Stratigou Griva, Rhodes
Phone: +30 22410 23941
* USEFUL INFORMATION ON EXTERNAL SITES *(Please note that we cannot vouch for the content of any external links, rather they are offerred to assist delegates. The order of links is random.)
- Rhodes Airport to Rhodes Town
Distance from city centre: 15 km
- Transportation to city centre:
Taxi: EUR 14+ / 20 min.
Bus: EUR 1,70 / 30 min.
(These figures are guides only and may vary according to circumstances.)
rodos.com/useful-info - everything Rhodian from temperature and bicycle hire to money and consulates.
Taxis Abroad - an airport taxi pre-booking service.
Rhodes Tourist Information - useful numbers: medical, emergency, radio taxis, etc.
Rhodes and the Greek Islands - maps, activities, festivals, etc.
Greek tourist information in Greece - mainland Greece and the Greek islands.
Rhodes Town - The City of Knights.
Matt Barrett's Guide to the Island of Rhodes.
Please visit this page again as more information is added.